OUR mission statement
MADE ON THE LEFT was founded in 2008 by independent designers with the intention to support Western Australian creative talent that was just starting out in the world.
Being on the left hand side of
means you'll be at a disadvantage.
Our aim is to support all creative designers and events showcasing independent labels. MOTL is a not-for-profit, non-partisan organisation. You may wonder why we promote other markets besides MOTL; it’s because it’s not about us, its about you; the buyers and sellers of indie wares. Here at the blog, you’ll discover up to date information about our latest market, the low-down on some of
Saturday, February 27
As market season is about to start in earnest, we just thought that sellers would benefit from one of our old articles a couple of years old about organising your self for a market.
Don't forget to comment if you have anything to add, you might have a secret trick that will really make a sellers day easier.
So click here to read our article What To Bring To A Market.
Oh, and also check out our Stock Levels Advice Article.
xxo Lauren & The Team
Just a little note to say due to some problems, we have sadly had to cancel our mini-market at the Mandurah Crab Festival, which was scheduled for next weekend.
We hope you'll all join us at our next event, the regional Bunbury July Market.
Lauren & The Team.
Friday, February 26
ARTIST OPPORTUNITY @ THE BRASS MONKEY
The Brass would like three or four artists (PAINTERS) who would like to display their art in the Brass Grill restaurant upstairs at the Brass Monkey, Northbridge.
They need colour.
- Function Room B - ROOM FOR SOME BIG, MEDIUM & SMALL PIECES
- Function Room A - ROOM FOR SOME BIG, MEDIUM & SMALL PIECES
- 40S - ROOM FOR SOME BIG, MEDIUM & SMALL PIECES
- LOUNGE BAR - ONLY ROOM FOR SMALL WORKS - LIKE SERIES, ETC.
and need them before the grand reopening on the 12TH March.
Here’s the deal:
Here’s the deal:
- from now until March 2nd - artists can come in to inspect the restaraunt / hanging spaces.
- applications due by the end of the day on Thursday 4th March (to firstname.lastname@example.org ) with 3 jpegs + links to websites etc. Subject of email should be "BrassGrill Art".
- Acceptable Artist or Art Group / Cooperative will be contacted on Friday 6th March
- Art must be delivered on the morning of Tuesday 9th March and will be hung in cooperation with Management Team
- They'll need 1 x A4 blurb about the successful artist / cooperative to place in each room – either provide a sheet that will be laminated or the blurb on an a4 piece of foam core
- They'd like to post artist / cooperative contact details under each painting which the artist will provide on foam core no bigger than a6.
- They’d like to post a brief (100 words + jpg) bio / promo + link to their website, on our "What's On" page on our WebSite.
- They are having a "GRAND reOPENING" on the 12th, and like to have an "artist in residence / meet the artist" sort of area / table for the artist to promote themselves, paint some stuff, etc.
- They can't guarantee the works' safety, however they will be in the quiet and peaceful BrassGrill Restaurant on the 1st floor.
Other things (what's in it for the Artist, other than product placement):
- They'd like to make it a quarterly thing - Featured Artist for 3 months.
- Also near the end of the three months, when they are searching for new blood, they can do another special evening for the exiting artist.
Thursday, February 18
Best of Friends Wooden Frame Brooch
This great little brooch was made by Perth artist Sheryl Derilo, and is one of a kind! Have a look at some more great cute stuff via her website
Pleated Corduroy Tote Bag
Handmade down south in beautiful Margaret River by Libby, this bag is nice and big (I happen to only use big bags unless I'm going out, which then I usually use one of my extensive collection of Glomesh) with heaps of room plus pockets for the little important things. Check out her blog for more about the designer!
Forest Chandelier Pocket Notebook
This notebook couldn't get much greener; made from recycled paper, printed with vegie inks and 100% handmade by the ladies from Mitchell and Dent, who reside in Leederville. Read all about them here;
Have a wonderful rest of week!
Lauren & The Team
Tuesday, February 9
Read the full article HERE.
Needing to get your market season underway for 2010? Here's two opportunities on the 28th of March that currently have application open...
Be a part of the Leederville Carnivale’s cosmopolitan marketplace on Sunday 28 March with your own market stall showcasing your craft, art, design, fashion, food or community organisation.
Southlands Willetton Rotary Community Fair
Run by the Rotary Club of Willeton, this is an opportunity to show your wares in a relaxed family atmosphere.
For applications contact email@example.com.