A number of free workshops for visual artists are coming up in Perth and regional WA.
- Grant application writing: Perth, 23 June. Learn about available grants for visual artists and tips to improve your application. Presented by Carol Whish-Wilson. Book online here.
- Artist Business: Perth, 16 August. Strengthen your business skills and learn how to build a sustainable art practice. Presented by Andrew Gaynor. Book online here.
- Exhibition Planning and Budgeting: Geraldton, 18 August. Covers the process of planning and budgeting for a successful exhibition. Presented by Andrew Gaynor. Book online here.
- Seeking sponsorship: Perth, 15 September. How to prepare a business case seek support from a business. Presented by Carol Whish-Wilson. Book online here.
- Building a website: Perth, 17 September. Find out what’s involved in developing a website to promote your art practice. Presented by Jeremy Smart. Book online here.
New fact sheets have also been added to the website on:
- Documenting Artworks - tips and techniques on how to record and represent your work
- Social Networking - information on how to incorporate social networking in your next marketing or promotional strategy
- Selling your artwork at an art or craft market – things to consider if you plan to sell artwork this way
For tips, advice and insights on how to succeed in the visual arts, check out AbaF’s podcast interviews with visual arts professionals at http://abaf.org.au/index.php?pageID=4477