OUR mission statement
MADE ON THE LEFT was founded in 2008 by independent designers to support Western Australian creative talent. We hold bi-annual handmade craft markets to showcase local designers.
Being on the left hand side of
means you'll be at a disadvantage.
Our aim is to support all creative designers and events showcasing independent labels. MOTL is a not-for-profit, non-partisan organisation. You may wonder why we promote other markets besides MOTL; it’s because it’s not about us, its about you; the buyers and sellers of indie wares. Here at the blog, you’ll discover up to date information about our latest market, the low-down on some of
Friday, August 28
1. Hello Mr Badger: An eclectic collection of authentic vintage jewellery using vintage watches and these cufflinks look superb. Starting from $38 buy online or find her selling her wares at handmade markets. Website - Facebook - Instagram
2. Beau Est Mien: Beau Est Mien is a store and studio dedicated to the joy of creating and these reproductions are to look as good as our original and hand printed Collagraphs produced by Magali who founded the store. Reproductions start from $50 and you can buy this print and others online or in store. Website - Facebook - Instagram
3. Rocket Shots by Marika Brock: Marika Brock takes bright, punchy photographs of anything.. often gorgeous places on her travels around the world, sometimes just of the ordinary, from a different viewpoint. The selection of colourful and stunning photos are available online or at the Fremantle Markets starting from $50. Website - Facebook - Instagram
4. One Happy Leaf: Sweetly designed accessories for all, One Happy Leaf has created this awesome "Best Dad" tie pin at $19. Something every dad needs. Buy online here. Website - Facebook - Instagram
5. Boonadoo: Local laser engraving duo created this popular accessory - a wooden bow tie. With a magnetic backing it is suited for formal and informal ware. Starting from $20 they are available online and at local markets around Perth. Website - Facebook - Instagram
6. Tall Rabbit: Well known for everything cute and such amazing designs, Tall Rabbit has created this awesome zombie keyring. High quality in design and production this keyring would appeal to many a fan of zombies. Buy online here. Website - Facebook - Instagram
Sunday, August 16
Applications for our Christmas market are now open!
The market will be on Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd November from 10am - 5.30pm and 10am - 5pm in Forrest Place, Perth. Stalls are 3x3m space with marquees provided. Stall cost is $250 per day, or $470 for both and there is an option to apply for either one or both days. We are only accepting applications from Western Australian handmade designers! Please make sure you have read the FAQ before submitting your application. Complete the online application form here to apply. Thank you!
Applications are now open for stalls at the Beaufort St Festival.
Prices for a 3x3 marquee are $450 +gst or $675 +gst for a 3x6m marquee.
The Business Incubator provides an opportunity for new/starter, independent and/or home-based businesses to have a space at the festival. These stall spaces are provided free of charge to selected businesses to encourage new enterprise and diversity at the Festival. Those selected 15 Business Incubator will be housed within one mini-market and share a marquee.
When: Saturday November 14, 2015
Time: 12pm - 9pm
Where: Beaufort Street, Mt Lawley.
Head to www.beaufortstreetfestival.com.au to apply.
Applications must be submitted by 5pm, 21 August, 2015.
Monday, August 10
The City of Joondalup is seeking expressions of interest from stallholders to take part in the 2015 Joondalup Twilight Markets.
The Joondalup Twilight Markets will be held 5:30 - 9:00pm over five Friday evenings leading up to Christmas in November and December and will feature high quality market stalls, live music and children’s activities. If you are a stallholder offering gourmet food, fashion, jewellery, design, arts, crafts, homewares and giftwares, the City would like to hear from you.
View the Twilight Markets Stallholder Information Pack for more information and complete the online application form to submit an expression of interest. Applications are now open and close Friday 11 September.
Stall prices start from $53 for a 3 x 3m space.
For further information contact the City on 9400 4921 or email.