A Softie Portrait (soft toy) is a handmade soft sculpture/toy made from fabric or yarn, incorporating hand and/or machine stitching, knitting or crochet, which emulates a specific person or pet. Your Softie Portrait MUST be your own original work.
|Judges Pip Lincoln (left) and CatRabbit (right) with their Reginalds|
The Reginald winner, selected by Cat Rabbit and Pip Lincolne, will receive:
- A Brother NS55 Sewing Machine, valued at $699
- A commissioned soft sculpture by Cat Rabbit
- Inclusion on Pip Lincolne’s ‘Meet me at Mikes’ blog
- Inclusion on frankie magazine’s blog
- Subscription to frankie magazine
In addition, there will be a People’s Prize awarded, as voted by the general public. Chosen from the ten finalists, People’s Prize voting will be online and in person.
Photographic entries must be received by 7 March 2014. DON’T SEND ACTUAL SOFTIE PORTRAITS!
To enter the Reginald competition follow the instructions and fill out the entry form which you will find here.