OUR mission statement

MADE ON THE LEFT was founded in 2008 by independent designers to support Western Australian creative talent. We hold bi-annual handmade craft markets to showcase local designers.

Being on the left hand side of Australia no longer

means you'll be at a disadvantage.

Our aim is to support all creative designers and events showcasing independent labels. MOTL is a not-for-profit, non-partisan organisation. You may wonder why we promote other markets besides MOTL; it’s because it’s not about us, its about you; the buyers and sellers of indie wares. Here at the blog, you’ll discover up to date information about our latest market, the low-down on some of Perth’s emerging talents, other opportunities for artists and designers and a little bit of fun stuff too. It’s all right here… welcome!

Friday, May 22

Guest Blogger #1 - Niina Aoki

Hello everyone! I'll be your guest blogger until the 1st of June! Thankyou to the ladies of Made on the Left for inviting me, I hope you will all enjoy my posts.

So who am I?


New Hair 1


I'm 23 years old and still at uni, this year I am doing my Honours in Design (Illustration). On the side since last year I've been making stuff under my name. I'm also the one responsible for illustrating the previous Made on the Left market poster.


Photobucket


I have a thing about rabbits as you can probably guess from above! I don't even own a rabbit and cats are my favourite animals, but for some reason I really like drawing rabbits and can't draw cats. It's something I really need to work on. You'd think that I would be able to draw my favourite animal!

I also really love fashion and want to incorporate that love more into my illustration, hopefully I'll kick myself into action and produce something soon. I seriously haven't done any serious drawing for months now, too much uni is distracting me.

I also love love LOVE watching movies! So expect a post about my favourite movies soon. I'll try to post as much as I can in the short space I have. Some posts will be about me so you can get to know who I am, and other posts will be informational or inspirational (hopefully!).

Thanks for reading, and see you soon

xoxo
N.

2 comments:

Penny said...

Bunnies!!!

Bunnies are the best.

Little Mo and Friends said...

your stuff is soooo cute! niina! niina! rah rah rah!

---
http://www.littlemoandfriends.com/blog