OUR mission statement
MADE ON THE LEFT was founded in 2008 by independent designers to support Western Australian creative talent. We hold bi-annual handmade craft markets to showcase local designers.
Being on the left hand side of
means you'll be at a disadvantage.
Our aim is to support all creative designers and events showcasing independent labels. MOTL is a not-for-profit, non-partisan organisation. You may wonder why we promote other markets besides MOTL; it’s because it’s not about us, its about you; the buyers and sellers of indie wares. Here at the blog, you’ll discover up to date information about our latest market, the low-down on some of
Thursday, May 13
Exhibition Space for Artists at Barking Gecko
We are looking for artists with a cultural connection to Africa to display artwork in the foyer of The Subiaco Arts centre 6-17th July. This coincides with Barking Gecko¹s public season of The African Magician and will have a high level of foot traffic for 2 weeks.
There are 2 areas where artwork, jewellery and sculptures can be displayed. Please see attached pictures and below measurements for more info.
1. Two Walls with a picture rail
* smaller wall is 2m (w) x 2m (h)
* larger wall is 4.5m (w) x 2m (h)
* FYI current pictures on the wall are 167cm (h) x 100cm(w)
2. Three Glass cabinets
* 2 cabinets with a moveable shelf 158cm(h) x 70cm(w) x 48cm(d)
* 1 cabinet with a moveable shelf 158cm (h) x 29cm (w) x 46cm (d)
What is in it for artists:
* Free exhibition space
* Ability to provide business card sized artist information include price,
contact details and website/blog
* Mentions on the Barking Gecko and Kulcha website
* The opening night event will be promoted to media
Please send a picture of the artwork with the size measurements to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 24th of May 2010.